This upgrade allows you to attach a Teensy 3.6 to your TELEXo to turn it into what we are calling a TXo+. The TXo IS NOT INCLUDED in this upgrade; you will need to own, build, or buy one. The upgrade does include a Teensy 3.6 that is ready to connect to your TXo.
Benefits of the upgrade include:
- Improved Sampling Rate - increased to 25kHz from the TXo's 15.625kHz
- Improved Quality when Combining Features with Oscillation - the stock TXo disables interpolation if more than one advanced feature is used at a time for a CV output (envelopes, wave morphing, pitch slew, etc). The TXo+ always uses interpolation which increases the accuracy and lowers distortion.
- More Morphing Wavetables - the TXo+ has 327 different waveforms on board (up from the TXo's 45).
- Future Advanced Features Only Supported by the TXo+
The upgrade consists of a Teensy 3.6 with the following:
- Precision Headers for Mounting on the TXo
- The Essential "Teensy Europower Helper" Daughterboard Mounted Underneath
- Flashed and Tested with the Latest TXo+ Firmware
We also include four optional SMD capacitors for your TXo to raise the on-board single pole filter's cutoff point. Feel free to install these yourself, bribe a friend to do it for you, coordinate with us to do the swap, or just ignore them.
TXo+ Module Specifications
- +12V: 78 mA
- -12V: 5 mA
- +5V: 0 mA
- 38mm Depth
The TXo is an Open Source module. Build one yourself; all details are on the TELEX GitHub Project Site.
The Teensy Europower Helper is also an Open Source component; details are on its GitHub Project Site.